• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE9 RE9 internal delay, another RE:make to release first?

Yama

Owner
Hg3FbwAl.png

It's time to put on a foil hat, ha-ha:

Wesker.gif

The legendary executive of Umbrella, who is supposedly Albert Wesker himself, must still reveal himself to the world sooner or later, even if he is not a man in sunglasses above.

Assuming that this old man is really Albert, his appearance shouldn't be shocking, since today he would be 64 years old. Yeah, and Ethan is only 2 years older than Sherry, can you imagine? Time is merciless.

On the other hand, Wesker, whom we fought in the volcano, was biologically immortal because he adapted to the Uroboros Virus. This fact is well documented. Albert wouldn't have been able to age because his telomeres permanently stopped shortening at that point. But it's not like Capcom can't pull out the Big Boss card, as it was with Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, if you know what I mean. Only with TRICELL and Umbrella Co. instead.

Nevertheless, I find it charmingly ironic that this supposed Wesker is a spitting image of Oswell E. Spencer. And Wesker supposedly runs his company these days.

It's no secret that Resident Evil 9 is a thing. The fact of the game's existence and its working title Apocalypse leaked along with other internal documents back in 2020.

Anyone can assume that the game will be announced in the summer and will be released in January or March, because Capcom has been following this pattern for some time.

Unfortunately, Dusk Golem is one of the main sources of misinformation and hoaxes in the community. And I didn't mind his activity much before. I even told other people once that they were too harsh on him. But now I understand that he muddies the waters, making the search for the truth more difficult, and causes actual reputational damage by explaining his fantasies with another fantasy in the form of cut-out content.

In the few cases when Golem turned out to be "right", he simply took other people's information and didn't mention the sources, as was the case with Village.

Last edited:
It's time to put on a foil hat, ha-ha:

View attachment 2314

The legendary executive of Umbrella, who is supposedly Albert Wesker himself, must still reveal himself to the world sooner or later, even if he is not a man in sunglasses above.

Assuming that this old man is really Albert, his appearance shouldn't be shocking, since today he would be 64 years old. Yeah, and Ethan is only 2 years older than Sherry, can you imagine? Time is merciless.

On the other hand, Wesker, whom we fought in the volcano, was biologically immortal because he adapted to the Uroboros Virus. This fact is well documented. Albert wouldn't have been able to age because his telomeres permanently stopped shortening at that point. But it's not like Capcom can't pull out the Big Boss card, as it was with Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, if you know what I mean. Only with TRICELL and Umbrella Co. instead.

Nevertheless, I find it charmingly ironic that this supposed Wesker is a spitting image of Oswell E. Spencer. And Wesker supposedly runs his company these days.

I thought maybe the fact that the legendary executive refers to humans as "mortals" is not a callback to Wesker's immortal form from 5, but to Spencer. I don't remember Wesker calling people mortals (I may not know or forget something), but Spencer did. And since Wesker might look like Spencer today, that would reinforce the parallel.

It might even be cool to explore the cyclical nature of this world through Jake. He doesn't strike me as a heroic character because he has a lot of darkness, a lot of anger and resentment towards the world. And his old man could have pushed Jake to the dark side to pass the baton. Yeah, for such a dramatic situation, a powerful catalyst is needed, and the death of the mother fits in very well. We know that she died because of an illness, but was this illness an accident? Maybe she got sick because of Wesker and corruption, so Jake could have the idea that with Umbrella he could bring justice, which is twisted by resentment and anger. And whether to pierce the old man's chest to become like him, or to break the cycle, would be the main dramatic question of the story.

I agree that main heroes returning is the obvious choice, as they are popular and fans wanna see them coming back, but I think by always having Chris returning or Leon most of all, you have the same familiar risk of the game not being scary in the slightest.

It's hard to define what's "scary" because Hollywood is mostly jump scares these days, so it's not like everybody finds the same things scary. The same may apply to what occurs in games. But Chris is way too used to dealing with these threats. It's hard to keep a series being on that high level of creepy if you want to keep using the veterans.

Top Bottom